Thursday, April 23, 2009

March 30, 2009...(back post)

Today is Monday and we had a great weekend. Damon came for a visit. He was lucky enough to get a snow day on Friday so he came up Thursday night. My Aunt Candy from Nebraska also came for a visit. It's always so nice to see her. She is a VERY special person in my life. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be just like her. Independent, have a dog, a cat, and be a teacher. Well, things started out that way but of course I met the man of my life, I have 3 wonderful kids, and the animals have gone to live with Jesus...although I think we're getting ready to make a trip to the Humane Society...BUT, I did become a teacher and although I don't currently teach in the classroom, I do have my own private saxophone studio. Anyway, it was wonderful to see her.

I'm also so glad that Damon was able to make it down. He's always such a good time. He's such a crack-up with the kids too. Because he's a bachelor, he keeps an abundance of chips, candy, pop...JUNK FOOD at his apartment. I, on the other hand, will NOT keep that stuff around. I'm not so much worried about my kids but the fact that I can't keep myself away from it:-) Anyway, he practically begged me to go to Dillans and pick up some of these "essentials". Of course, I couldn't turn him down:-) We come home and made a sort of "buffet style" presentation of all the "goodies" in the living room to get ready to watch a movie. Sawyer sees what she thinks is HEAVEN and comes running to me with a big hug and kiss and, "Mommy, YOU buy this?" She was sooooo excited to see it all. Am I depriving my
kids???....naaaaahhhhhhh:-)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin