Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 1, 2009...(back post)

The kids and I made cupcakes today -- no special reason -- it just seemed like a good day for it. The weather has been too cold and windy for any outdoor fun. I thought I'd change things up a little :-). The kids did unbelievably well. Honestly, I was expecting TOTAL chaos. First we made the batter. Sawyer is her mother's daughter - went straight for licking the beater and the
bowl :-).
Tucker, on the other hand, was not so much into it - he was much more interested in the mechanics of the mixer :-). Once the cupcakes cooled, it was time for decorating! I must say, both Tucker and Sawyer were FAR better at decorating with the decorator bags than I was at filling them with frosting. What a mess! I'm just glad we only used two colors. What a GREAT day!



...Had to add this...Porter laughed, truly laughed today for the first time..........What a fabulous sound!!!

1 comment:

The Wrights said...

Beautiful! You are so darn creative...and brave.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin