Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why, Why, Why…

Why is it that I spent 5 days away from all 3 children and today I want to kill 2 out of 3?  Shouldn’t I be the mom that doesn’t sweat the small stuff?  That can blow things off because there are so many more important things in life…the fact that I have 3 healthy children, a roof over our heads, a happy (for the most part) family???  Why can’t I be that mom today?….Let me tell you…

Today #1 and #2 decide for the 20th time today that they are going to completely ignore my orders of them NOT going upstairs into the loft.  Yes, they are the type of kids, you tell them “don’t do it, stop it, quit it, no – NO – NO!”, they turn into Thing One and Thing Two (from Cat in the Hat…rent it tonight)!  They do the exact opposite of what they are told and it’s about to drive me to the EDGE!

They go upstairs and in the next few minutes I hear glass shattering into a million pieces.  I run upstairs, I’m scared for their safety for about half a second, I see them both and tell them to get downstairs NOW!  There’s no blood so there’s no sympathy!  My beautiful, glass, cloche from THE most adorable little boutique in the cutest little town up in the majestic mountains of Colorado is now nothing but a pile of sharred glass! 

Is it wrong that I sent them to their room, slammed their door behind them, told them I didn’t want to see their faces for the rest of the day???  Does this make me a mean, selfish mother who only cares about material things and (truthfully) was really not concerned at all about their safety around all that glass?  I’m sure that if I saw blood things would have been different but I didn’t so I really don’t feel bad at all.

I think that beautiful glass cloche was a symbol.  I think it was a symbol of me not getting to be the Dina I was before I became a mom.  Sometimes I feel like I don’t get to have anything pretty for myself anymore because I’m a mom.  Yes, I’m venting.  I know all mothers go through this.  I know that that’s part of the deal when you decide to have little people live in the house.  I know I’m not unique.  They destroy the entire house, why can’t they just leave my stuff alone???  Yes, I’m venting again….sorry…

After a couple of hours in their bedroom (yes, I said a couple of hours…I was really mad), Darrin lets them out for lunch.  I probably wouldn’t have but I guess they have to eat…I guess…

The day was beautiful outside so I put Porter (the only one I wasn’t mad at at the time) in the swing and the other 2 decided to join us.  Why do they think they need to be so cute?  Tucker, with his own way of dressing himself…yes, those are his dad’s socks with his Chuck Taylor shoes and plaid shorts…and Sawyer with her dirty, dirty face which still has the sticky residue on it from the band-aid that held her oxygen tubes in…Why do they think they can be so cute???  I just want to kick their tushies and hug them breathless at the same time…

Why, why, why?

IMG_7904IMG_7918 IMG_7921 IMG_7955 IMG_7960 IMG_7969

2 comments:

Trasie Bressler said...

Because only the best Mama's know how to be angry and love them to pieces all at the same time!!!

Just remember that God chose you and only you to be the Mommy of 3 adorable children and that's what makes you unique!

The Wrights said...

Oh Dina! We've all been there! We both know that we can miss our child-free lives, and it's okay to feel sorry for ourselves on occasion, right? But we know we wouldn't trade our monsters, or I mean adorable children for anything in the world!
You're the best mother and truly have three amazing, adorable and smartest little munchkins I've ever met! You are doing a great job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin