Sunday, May 24, 2009

a trip out west

The kids and I are back from the wild wild west/ Grandma & Grandpa Bucholtz's house. Last weekend Darrin's nephew, Trevor graduated from high school and this weekend (yesterday), Darrin's nephew, Derek got married. Everything happened in the same town....6 long hours away...so I decided a long time ago that since Darrin still had school to attend to, the kids and I would stay the week in St. Francis. We had a great time and I ABSOLUTELY love getting the kids out on the farm. We don't see too many tractors, never-ending dirt roads to ride bikes, or farm animals in the 'big city'....although, I'm still thinking about that pet chicken, Esther:-)... I love that my children will always know and love such a different atmosphere than what they are used to living in. It will be nice to get back to routine but I am so so so thankful for the family that I married into and we will miss them until we get to see them again. We were there a week and they (Grandma & Grandpa) got to witness every emotional variation of a 2 (soon to be 3) year old. For that alone, they deserve an all expense paid vacation to the destination of their choice....far, far away from toddlers:-)

Thank the Good Lord above for Grandparents!!!! We LOVE you 'Bama' and 'Papa' Bucholtz:-)
And thank you for the best time ever!!!

The antique fire truck at the fire station. Uncle Doug is a volunteer fireman...we got special privileges:-)
Water gun fights

Cooking s'mores on Grandma's firepit

Porter hangin' out by the fire

Caught a baby toad in the flower garden....and....unfortunately, they DIDN'T get to bring him home

The cutest ring bearer and flower girl EVER!

Yes, there were live goldfish at the reception

Cuttin' a rug at the dance

So stinkin' sweet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dina,
Thanks for all the wonderful things you do. See I really do read your blog and I am so happy to call you my daughter. What darling grandchildren we are blessed with. I don't know why you would say anything about the way the children acted. It was the best week of my life!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin