Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tanganyika

Yes, the Ross's took a little family adventure today to the far away, exotic, wildlife filled Tanganyika! It's actually not very far away...about 10 minutes... It is pretty exotic (for Kansas). And, I was very impressed with the array of animals they had on exhibit at this wild life park. Our county zoo is pretty darn big for our area and this park has several animals that the zoo doesn't.

You can walk right in WITH the Wallabies
Even Tucker was a little shocked about that...

Porter being Porter....

One of the best things about this park is the amount of interaction with the animals. It's not just your regular petting zoo...



The FASTEST turtles I've ever seen in my life...
And yes, for a dollar...you too can buy 1 piece of lettuce to feed the turtles...
And for 5 dollars, you too can ride the camel....
White tigers...HOLY COW, white tigers! I thought these only existed in Vegas!
Running to catch up with Daddy...
Can you tell by the look on his face, he wasn't quite ready to go home...

1 comment:

Drew said...

When I first took my son to the zoo (at about 2 years of age), he could have cared less. We recently went to the Pittsburgh Zoo, and I was so happy to see how into the animals the kids were. We never got to the petting zoo portion, though. That would have been a blast. (even with $1 lettuce!) :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin