Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just another HOT day….

I’ve been MIA from the blog world for a few weeks.  There’s been plenty of action, I’ve just missed getting the time to post anything.  Between visits from family and a TON of projects that needed completed, I haven’t been in much of a mood to write, take pictures, function.  You see, I lost one very special, dear, significant, admired, LOVED person in my life.  My Grandma Willey traveled home to her forever destination where she joined my grandpa:-)  This was a hard thing for me to go through but I am SO SO blessed to have had her in my life.  Every child needs that one person in his/her life that is always in her corner rooting her on with pom poms in one hand and a batch of homemade peanut butter bars in the other.  She was that for me.  Grandma really deserves her own post on here so I’m not going to go into great depth today. 

Tuck, Sawyer, and Porter:  I want you to know what a precious woman she was.  When I have more time, I will get pictures and stories … and RECIPES (she was a fabulous baker:-) on here so that you may know the great legacy that has been left to you:-)

…. ok… tears all wiped:-) 

TODAY --- and the last few weeks for that matter have been hot, hot, HOT!  I wish I was brave enough to take all 3 to the pool by myself but they are just at a water+age = SCARY stage right now.  And Lord knows my swimming skills are a big, fat, goose-egg, ZERO!  Soooo…. we resort to keeping busy here.

Beading this morning…

IMG_9099-1

I know, weird, right?  My kids LOVE this.  They see me doing it and ALWAYS want to ‘help’.  They honestly do a really great job and it keeps them busy FOREVER!….. loooovvvveeee that:-)  Of course, this only takes place when Porter is down for a nap.:-)  Can you even imagine???? IMG_9101-1 IMG_9113

Next was Sonic.  Happy Hour: 2-4 baby!  Where else can you get a frozen treat for $.50????  Their favorites: slushies of course! …

IMG_9135No matter the flavor, they always want 2 real cherries in their cup.  It’s a BIG deal if this step is skipped.  It’s not pretty… just sayin’ :-)…IMG_9150

Oh, and this Sonic fix is ONLY enjoyed OUTSIDE.  This boy is a disaster when it comes to cups with lids and straws.  Water is one thing.  Sticky, syrupy, slushy mess is a whole other story…

IMG_9121 IMG_9123 He’s SuPeR cute until….IMG_9124  …he starts doing this… IMG_9166 … and she joins in on the funIMG_9170

Do you see that drip of pure sugar hanging from is elbow?  THAT’S what I’m talkin’ about…IMG_9196

Today was a good day:-)  I love that….

2 comments:

The Wrights said...

Oh Dina, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. Even though we know she's in a much better place, you are still allowed to grieve and be sad. Anything I can do?

Brenda said...

Dina,
I am sorry for the sad heart you have for the loss of your grandma. That is a hurt that stays but will always be hugged by all of the wonderful memories that those mag. grandmas leave us with forever. If you ever need help in making those receipts come to life, give me a call. I would love to help you share them with your kids. Big hugs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin